Monday, May 26, 2014

Respectful Memorial Day

I don't want to wish a, "happy" Memorial Day since it is intended to be a day of respect, remembrance and honor for those fallen in our nation's defense as members of the armed forces.

It's been a a long time since I've posted here, and even longer since I've posted my goal progress or family matters.

CML is home from Boston.  EHL graduated from High School.  I mention these in chronological order.

MAL and I flew to Boston and drove back with our eldest on the weekend of the 10th.  It was fairly uneventful except that we had to stay overnight in her dorm and discovered a mattress that is even more painful than our own.  As an aside, MAL and I went on a sort of date to see The Amazing Spiderman 2 (least of several evils) and a dinner at the Bull and Finch (the "Cheers") pub. CML has been working there as a receptionist.

EHL graduated last weekend.  It was a grand affair in the Sears Center Arena in Hoffman Estates. Brazil Express Churrasco Grill in Schaumburg.  It was a small place in a strip mall but very good, and the service was excellent.  I would recommend it as just as good as Fogo de Chao in Chicago.  The Brazil Express will tell you it's cheaper, but I don't think by much.  Apparently now the restaurants of choice for Mundelein birthdays and events are Brazilian steakhouses.  I don't think we will completely abandon our old standbys of Bob Chin's Crab House or Tsukasa in Vernon Hills.
 Afterwards we had dinner at

As far as goals go, I've been behind in my writing because of lack of time.  It is a real lack of time and not a lack of priorities as I do not have enough actual, real time to do everything my family needs, exercise, work and get more than about 4 hours of sleep a night.  I'm really not sure how I'm going to get everything done, but something is going to have to suffer.  It is just a matter of what and how badly.

I have been studying Greek nearly every day, but it's not the kind of study that will get me forward very quickly.  I'm going to have to bite the bullet here and make some very big sacrifices as this is absolutely the highest priority.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what yr is CML in now? Hope you have pics of EHL's graduation. How did you like "The Amazing Spiderman 2"? Interesting to hear "Brazil Express Churrasco Grill in Schaumburg is as good as "Fogo de Chao," as we've eaten at "Fogo de Chao" with our friends and love it. Please drop some of your priorities and get more sleep. That is very important, really, Dear. Hope to see you all on the 21st at your Mom's. xoxoxo A.Char

Inner Prop said...

1. She sort of skipped a year. She's planning on graduating next year, but she's thinking about a Masters program tacked on the end, best to ask her.

2. We have pics, I just don't have them handy for the blog.

3. I was very glad we didn't see AS2 in 3d and especially not on IMAX. It was pretty, but I found it predictable and not compelling.

4. Both restaurants are very good. I wouldn't have a problem recommending either. Brazil Express is a bit cheaper and easier for us to get to. It is also much much smaller.

5. An additional problem with more sleep is our old bed needs replacing as I can't sleep in it more than 7 hours if I want to actually be able to stand up afterwards.