Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Good Bye 2014 and Flowers

It is the last hour of the last day of 2014.  I've had a very hard time keeping up with these two blogs and in fact would have had trouble keeping up with one.

I completely failed to learn Greek in the last three months.  This is what's kept me from writing.  I have been studying at least a half hour a day the last three months and have learned some, but I did not study the 90 minutes to two hours a day and most importantly I did not practice live with someone.

The need is still there.  I still need to learn Greek, and fast.  I do have other responsibilities and goals, so now what I'm going to do is let this blog stop right here.  I will no longer post on this blog at all.  I will make any posts on Illini6 only.  I will push up my Greek studies to a minimum of one hour a day and I must find someone to practice with at least once a week.  I can't do anything until that's done.

Goals for 2015 include getting a different job, loosing 20 lbs (in order to keep healthy and in my current size pants), enrolling in grad school and finishing the "Hate to Say I Told You So" story on Illini6.  I'm not yet sure how these goals will all fit together, but those are what I have.

We had a few exciting things happen in 2014.

  • EHL turned 18 and got her first tattoo.
  • We went to our first Brazilian steak house
  • EHL graduated from high school and started college.
  • SEL went to two week Girl Scout camp for high ropes
  • SEL applied for and made it into Extension Arts
  • SEL helped me take CML back to school in Boston and 
    • got to see Boston for the first time
    • saw the ocean for the first time
    • flew in a plane for the first time
  • CML started her final year of college as an RA
  • CML started playing Rugby
  • I played my first Rugby game with GJL
  • We saw the All Blacks vs USA Eagles in Soldier Field
  • MAL and I went to a Wolves game
  • MAL continued to get awards at work
  • MAL traveled to many foreign countries:  UK, Italy, and Kansas
  • CML saw her first ballet
  • We all visited a pet shelter to view the dogs
  • GAK family visited from AZ for Christmas



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer - I like reading this blog. It keeps me in touch with you and your family; which doesn't seem possible in our own busy and distant worlds. This is the 1st I was able to see this; since I've been pretty much out of commission since Christmas. Was so hoping to see you all yesterday. But, of course, life never goes as we plan - as I'm sure you are well aware. Love you sooooo much - I remember you in your crib, when I used to bounce the mattress to make you fall asleep, don't forget. xoxoxxo Your Auntie Char xoxoxoxox