Thursday, August 8, 2013

Welcome Back - Grand Re-Opening

I've decided something.  I need to make Illini6 my "Professional" blog.  I need to make that a website I can point strangers to and show off my writing work.  That needs to be the showcase of my writing brand with stories, essays, world building, and excerpt of finished works.  I will put professional goals and plans up there, but not personal ones.

I'm going to be using this blog more extensively and focused on personal as well as family matters.  Obviously I don't have to regurgitate things that are already on the web through facebook etc. but I can put goals, feelings, family events and such.

One thing I won't be doing here is using the flower code names anymore.  That was too cumbersome and kept me from posting more.  I'll be using first names and initials to keep the full and real names off the web as much as I can.

As part of re-opening I'm going to restate my personal goals here (I'll be tracking them here from now on).

By the end of the year I will:

  1. Learn Greek - be able to hold a conversation in Greek
  2. Guide the Aptakisic District Commissioner staff in achieving a Gold level on the Journey to Excellence program
  3. Get a New Job
  4. Go on Quarterly Dates
Also, not related to goals, I am going to be going to Tanzania as a volunteer mentor from work.  I'm going to hold off on some of the details for now, but I will be helping the technicians in a regional blood diagnostics lab to learn to use the computer.

Christina just successfully completed LTC for ROTC and we are very proud of her.  I'm sure most of you have seen her pictures on her facebook page / wall / thingie.

No comments: